Our prompts today come from EMOTIONAL CURRENCY (Kate Levinson, PhD. Berkley: Celestial Arts; 2011). The subtitle on this is "A Woman's Guide to Building a Healthy Relationship with Money" -- but most everything in this book applies pretty equally to men as well.
Prompt questions to write to around you + the cash:
- What 3 things has the culture you grew up in taught you or conditioned you to believe about money?
- Are you comfortable with your level of spending? (If not, how would you like it to be?)
- What kinds of things are you seduced to buy?
- What messages did you receive about being a man/woman in relation to money--making it, spending it, saving it, sharing it and giving it away, investing it?
- Were money matters discussed in your family? In what manner were they discussed Did your parents retreat to discuss money in private, or did such discussions take place openly.
- What relationships do you have that involve money? And..?