Tuesday 15 October 2013

I’D BE ELEONORA - by Laura Minato


Laura took the Grind Café Writers’ Group “Free-write Challenge” at this year’s Summer Dreams Literary Arts Festival at Trout Lake, Vancouver. The brave drew random prompts then took a break from the fest to go sit under a tree, and let it rip for 10 minutes without stopping in a free-write—and see what emerged. Braver yet, they agreed to let us post their raw version. So remember, this is unedited, unfinished output. Thanks to all participants.
___________________________

Prompt:  If I could be any one in history, I would be ……………. (and why).
If I could be anyone in history, I would be Eleonora Dusé because I would be a magnificent actress admired by Stanislawski, able to travel all over the world. And I would be an Italian which is a definite benefit.
Ciao, Eleonora!”  “We love you!” “You’re more gifted and beautiful than Sarah Bernhardt.” Actually, I’m not sure if that is true.
Eleonora wore beautiful clothes that flowed in the wind and shimmered in sunlight. She lived in Asolo, an ancient Italian village. How could I not choose Eleonora? And such a pretty name. “Eleonora, Eleonora, you are an angelic actress and you create magic on stage.” What else can I say?
But if Eleonora did not love animals and surround herself with Cavalier King Charles spaniels, then I would be somebody else. Perhaps Queen Victoria?

©2013 Laura Minato

No comments: